Some States require a USDOT number for all registrants of commercial motor vehicles, even intrastate operations. Non-Motor Carrier registrants are required to obtain a USDOT number as a necessary condition for commercial vehicle registration operation in these states. Take these three (3) steps to see if your states requires you to register for a DOT number:


Step 1 :  You click on the line for Intrastate ‘B’


Step 2: Your trucks stay within the state so click ‘View the list of states’



Step 3:  If your state is on this list you need to register for DOT and Click here to get started.

For carriers needing to complete the Motor Carrier Identification Report (MCS-150)  Application (MCS-150B) Click Here for an  on-line through the FMCSA Registration Website.